The council established the Housing Management Advisory Board to promote tenant and leaseholder engagement in decisions relating to the council’s housing stock.
The board comprises the following members:
- six tenants/leaseholders
- three borough councillors
- one person who is independent of the council
There are two current vacancies in the process of being filled, following a call for applications that ended on Sunday February 13, 2022.
Eligibility criteria for the new members of the HMAB
You must be a Council tenant or leaseholder of Charnwood BC and not an elected member of Charnwood BC to be a member of the HMAB.
In order to be successful in this role, it is important that you are able to demonstrate or provide evidence to fulfil:
- a willingness to listen and talk about things
- a commitment to maintain confidentiality
- the ability to be free to attend regular meetings
- a willingness to work as a team showing support to others
- an understanding of and willingness to support the role and responsibility of the HMAB
- a willingness to sign up to and abide by the code of conduct.
Ability and skills
- the ability to absorb key information and to positively question and challenge
- a willingness to read and absorb information outside of and prior to meetings
- the ability to be able to weigh up issues and make balanced, reasonable and proportionate judgments
- the ability to participate and contribute positively in meetings with good communication skills
- the ability to interpret performance data and review performance and suggest improvements
- a commitment to participate in training and development
- the ability to work positively, in partnership with the council to deliver quality services
- good listening skills – thinking about what others say and considering their views rather than imposing their own.
Experience and qualifications
- the ability to demonstrate an understanding of housing and community issues
- a proven history of involvement in social housing (desirable but not essential).
People will be disqualified from being a member of the HMAB if they:
- are an employee of Charnwood BC
- are an elected member of Charnwood BC
- are subject to county court judgments in favour of Charnwood BC
- have been convicted of a criminal offence that may damage the reputation of Charnwood BC.
All information acquired during the member’s participation on the HMAB should be treated as confidential unless stated otherwise, including after membership has ceased.
Membership will be an initial term of three years, unless otherwise terminated earlier by and at the discretion of, either party upon one month’s written notice.
Last updated: Mon 14th February, 2022 @ 10:12