Skip to Content

Rent arrears

For a full list of refuse and recycling collection dates and Council opening times over the Christmas period, head to this webpage.

If you are having difficulty keeping up with your regular weekly rent payments, it is important that you contact your Housing Income Officer as soon as possible.

We can offer information, help and advice and may be able to agree payment arrangements to clear any rent debt.

How can the council help?

  • discuss suitable payment arrangements that will allow you to pay off your rent arrears to Charnwood Borough Council
  • advise you how you may get more money by claiming all the benefits you may entitled to and could be missing out on
  • give you debt advice through our Financial Inclusion Officer
  • book an appointment for you to see the Money Advice Service
  • give you other advice on reducing your costs and maximising your income.
  • refer you to a specialist agency if you have multiple debts.

Call our income team on 01509 634666 to talk about your rent payments, make an appointment to see us in person at the council offices or arrange a home visit if you have difficulties getting to Loughborough.

 More advice on rent arrears

There are lots of other agencies that can also give you independent debt advice or advice about possessions proceedings. Below are links to websites you may find useful.

Share this page:

Last updated: