If you are having difficulty keeping up with your regular weekly rent payments, it is important that you contact your Housing Income Officer as soon as possible.
We can offer information, help and advice and may be able to agree payment arrangements to clear any rent debt.
How can the council help?
- discuss suitable payment arrangements that will allow you to pay off your rent arrears to Charnwood Borough Council
- advise you how you may get more money by claiming all the benefits you may entitled to and could be missing out on
- give you debt advice through our Financial Inclusion Officer
- book an appointment for you to see the Money Advice Service
- give you other advice on reducing your costs and maximising your income.
- refer you to a specialist agency if you have multiple debts.
Call our income team on 01509 634666 to talk about your rent payments, make an appointment to see us in person at the council offices or arrange a home visit if you have difficulties getting to Loughborough.
More advice on rent arrears
There are lots of other agencies that can also give you independent debt advice or advice about possessions proceedings. Below are links to websites you may find useful.
|FOI 1942||11th May 2012||Money Lost to the Council|
|FOI 2753||28th Feb 2013||Arrears and Write Offs|
|FOI 2757||1st Mar 2013||Rent Arrears|
|FOI 2761||5th Mar 2013||Baliffs and Housing Numbers|
|FOI 3111||20th Jun 2013||Debt Collections / Enforcement|
|FOI 3238||6th Aug 2013||Rent Arrears|
|FOI 3272||15th Aug 2013||Rent Arrears|
|FOI 4322||25th Apr 2014||Rent Arrears|
Last updated: Thu 14th April, 2016 @ 12:45