To become a new Casual market trader on any of our local markets in Loughborough or Shepshed, you first need to be approved to trade on the market you want to attend.
If you wish to be considered under the Try a Trade scheme, you also need to be approved before you can start trading on the Saturday retail market.
Similarly, if you wish to be considered to become a street trading consent holder in Loughborough Market Place, you also need to be approved before you can start trading.
Applications are FREE of charge.
We recommend, if you have not already done so, that you first read the general information about trading on Loughborough's markets or street trading and consents, as well as the Retail Market Regulations Loughborough 2021 (PDF Document, 0.36 Mb).
To make an application all you need to do is complete and submit a simple online application form.
You will need an email address.
The form will ask for certain key information and supporting evidence to be uploaded, so have the following ready before you start.
Proof of your:
- Photo Identity (e.g. passport, driving licence)
- National Insurance number (typed in and including proofs)
- Address (this must match the personal address on your application)
- Public Liability Insurance cover (£5 million minimum)
- Food Hygiene Rating (if applicable)
- PAT tests on any essential electrical equipment you would like to bring (if applicable)
- Photos of your own infrastructure e.g. trailer, stall, etc. (if applicable)
- Photos of the items you will be selling.
All documents should be exact copies of the originals and be a good clear image (no missing details).
Please ensure your evidence does not contain any characters in the name e.g. %, *, & as this will cause the documents to be unreadable. Also, please ensure photos are JPEG or PNG not HIEC files.
We aim to action your application within seven working days for Casual traders and within 14 working days for any street trading consent applications.
Last updated: Wed 4th January, 2023 @ 11:09