To become a new Casual market trader on any of our local markets in the Charnwood area, you first need to be approved to trade on the market you want to attend.
If you wish to be considered under the Try a Trade scheme, you also need to be approved before you can start trading on the Saturday retail market.
Similarly, if you wish to be considered to become a street trader in Loughborough town centre, you also need to be approved before you can start trading.
Applications are FREE of charge.
We recommend, if you have not already done so, that you first read the general information about trading on Loughborough's markets or street trading and consents., as well as the Retail Market Regulations Loughborough 2021 (PDF Document, 0.36 Mb).
To make an application all you need to do is complete and submit a simple online application form.
You will need an email address.
The form will ask for certain key information and supporting evidence to be uploaded, so have the following ready before you start.
Proof of your
- Identity (e.g. passport, driving licence, birth certificate)
- National Insurance number
- Address (this must match the personal address on your application)
- Public Liability Insurance cover
- Food Hygiene Rating (if applicable)
- PAT tests on any essential electrical equipment you would like to bring (if applicable)
- Photos of your own infrastructure e.g. trailer, stall, etc. (if applicable)
All documents should be exact copies of the originals and be a good clear image (no missing details).
Please ensure your evidence does not contain any characters in the name e.g. %, *, & as this will cause the documents to be unreadable.
We aim to action your application within seven working days for Casual traders and within 14 working days for any street consent application.
Last updated: Tue 20th April, 2021 @ 10:59