The health, safety and enjoyment of our mutual customers and visitors to the town is very important to us.
When booking a pitch, you must read, agree, understand and comply with the following.
All traders must
- Read and comply with the Market Regulations
- Be aged 16 or over
- Have current Public Liability Insurance with a minimum of £5 million cover
If you are intending to sell food and/or drink you also need to
- Be registered with a local Authority as a food business
- Have either a rating of 3 or above or awaiting inspection
- Have read and comply with standard hygiene practices
Routine checks and inspections will be carried out by the Council's Market and Environmental Health teams to ensure that traders are complying with all of the above.
You must bring the following proof with you on the day of the market
- Public Liability Insurance (current) with a minimum of £5 million cover
- Food hygiene rating sticker or documentation (dated within the last 3 years) that shows you have a rating of 3 or above or be awaiting an inspection.
You may be asked to leave the market if you are unable to provide sufficient proof when requested to do so.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you have booked a pitch and you decide to cancel for any reason within 24 hours of the day of the market, the fee is non-refundable.
If you have cancelled more than 24 hours before the date of the market, the Markets Officer has the discretion to rebook for an alternative date free of charge or issue a refund. This will be dependant on what the reasons are as to why you cannot attend.
If you have booked a pitch and the Council has to cancel the market, e.g. in the case of severe weather, you will be sent a one-off code, by email, which will allow you to book online for free for the next Farmers’ and Craft market to be held immediately after the date of the market which has had to be cancelled, e.g. the following month.
However, if you are unable to attend the next market for any reason the Markets Officer, under these circumstances, has the discretion to issue a refund, dependant on what the reasons are as to why you cannot attend.
If this applies to you please contact the Markets team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining in as much detail as you can why you cannot attend.
Last updated: Fri 9th October, 2020 @ 11:59