On December 13, 2018 Charnwood Borough Council "made" the Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan part of Charnwood Borough Council's Development Plan, in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
View the "made" Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan below:
- Thrussington NP Made Version (PDF Document, 20.8 Mb)
Further details of the decision are available in the Decision Statement below:
- Thrussington NP Decision Statement Final (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
Following an independent examination, Charnwood Borough Council determined that the Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan, as modified to incorporate the examiner’s recommendations, should proceed to referendum. Further details of this decision can be found in the Decision Statement.
The Referendum was held on Thursday August 2, 2018 when the question was asked “Do you want Charnwood Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Thrussington to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
An Information Statement was produced which provided further detail on the referendum. It can be read below:
- Thrussington NP Information Statement (PDF Document, 0.59 Mb)
A number of specified documents were available for the purpose of the referendum:
- The Draft Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan
- Report of the Independent Examiner (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
- Summary of the Representations Submitted to the Independent Examiner (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
- Statement by the Local Planning Authority That the Draft Plan Meets the Basic Conditions (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- A Statement That Sets Out General Information as to Town and Country Planning Including Neighbourhood Planning and the Referendum (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan examiner's report
On April 19, 2018 the Examiner issued his report to the borough council. The report found the plan capable of being ‘made’, subject to a number of recommended modifications and a successful referendum.
An examiner, Mr John Slater, issued his Examiner's Report on the Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan on April 19, 2018. It can be viewed below:
- Examiner's Report Thrussington Np (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
He carried out an initial review of the plan and accompanying documents and issued a number of questions which can be viewed below:
- Questions From the Independent Examiner (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Responses to the Examiner's questions can be found below:
- Neighbourhood Plan Working Group Response (PDF Document, 0.32 Mb)
- Borough Council Response (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Leading in Design SPD (PDF Document, 0.94 Mb)
- Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment (PDF Document, 4.17 Mb)
Thrussington Parish Council, through the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group, prepared a Neighbourhood Plan for the parish. In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents were submitted to Charnwood Borough Council for the purpose of consultation, examination and, if appropriate, a referendum ahead of it being ‘made’ (adopted) as part of the local plan for the area.
Charnwood Borough Council considered the Plan against the statutory requirements set out in paragraph 6 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) and was satisfied that these have been met and the plan could proceed to consultation.
The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents submitted are available below:
- Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan (Submission Draft)
- Thrussington NP Technical Baseline Document
- Thrussington NP Basic Conditions Statement (PDF Document, 1.78 Mb)
- Thrussington NP Sustainability Appraisal (PDF Document, 1.8 Mb)
- Thrussington NP Environmental Assessment Statement (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Thrussington NP Sea Screening Report (PDF Document, 0.61 Mb)
- Thrussington NP Consultation Report (PDF Document, 2.23 Mb)
- Thrussington NP Regulation14 Consultation Responses (PDF Document, 0.39 Mb)
Previous consultation (Regulation 14)
The Draft Thrussington Neighbourhood Plan was published for Regulation 14 consultation with residents, stakeholders and businesses from July 28 to September 22, 2017. Please find the plan and associated documents below:
- Thrussington Draft Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation Leaflet (PDF Document, 0.62 Mb)
- Feedback Form (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Neighbourhood Area Designation
The Thrussington Neighbourhood Area was designated on April 27, 2017 and covers the entire parish. Read a copy of the delegated decision and neighbourhood area here.
Further information can be found on the dedicated website: https://thrussingtonvillage.org/village-plan/
Further information on the Neighbourhood Plan as it develops will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have any questions please contact Thrussington Parish Council by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07827 785836.
Last updated: Wed 15th May, 2019 @ 21:45