Charnwood Borough Council has "made" the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan part of Charnwood Borough Council's Development Plan, in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
View the "made" Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan below:
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan - Made Plan (PDF Document, 5.93 Mb)
Further details of the decision are available in the Decision Statement below:
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan – Decision Statement (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
The Referendum for the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan was held on February 8, 2017 with 95% voting in favour of the plan to help decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area, accordingly the Neighbourhood Plan will now become part of the development plan for the area.
A formal cabinet meeting was held on Thursday December 14, 2017 where the recommendations and subsequent modifications were approved to allow the Neighbourhood Plan to proceed to referendum. The minutes of the Cabinet meeting have been published and can be accessed below:
- Barrow Upon Soar Parish Council Meeting Note 11 TH November 2016 (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
The Examiner, Richard High, has now produced his report for the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan, a copy of which can be vewied below:
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Examination Report 2017 (PDF Document, 1.28 Mb)
Barrow upon Soar Parish Council submitted the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan to Charnwood Borough Council in February 2017.
Charnwood Borough Council considered the Plan against the statutory requirements set out in paragraph 6 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) and is satisfied that these have been met.
As a result the Plan was formally consulted upon for 6 weeks between Friday March 10, 2017 to 5pm on Friday April 21, 2017.
All representations made on the plan during this period were forwarded to the independent Examiner, prior to the examination of the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents are available below:
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Proposals Map
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Sea Screening Report (PDF Document, 0.3 Mb)
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Statement of Basic Conditions (PDF Document, 0.98 Mb)
- Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Barrow Upon Soar Parish Council Meeting Note 11 TH November 2016
- Barrow Upon Soar Parish Council Submission Letter
Evidence and supporting documents are available to view on the Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Plan website:
Should you have any queries regarding the Neighbourhood Plan or its submission then please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01509 634929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Barrow upon Soar Neighbourhood Area was designated on March 12, 2014 and covers the whole of the parish:
Barrow Upon Soar Neighbourhood Area Designation (PDF Document, 1.23 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 15th May, 2019 @ 21:38