On June 6, 2019 Charnwood Borough Council "made" the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan part of Charnwood Borough Council's development plan, in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
View the "made" Quorn Neighbourhood Plan below:
- Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Final Version (PDF Document, 8.44 Mb)
Further details of the decision are available in the Decision Statement below:
- Quorn NP Decision Statement (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
Please see the bottom of the page for the result of the 2019 Quorn neighbourhood plan referendum that was announced on Friday May 3, 2019.
Following an independent Examination, Charnwood Borough Council has determined that the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan, as modified to incorporate the Examiner’s recommendations, should proceed to Referendum.
Further details of this decision can be found in the Decision Statement below:
- A) Decision Statement - Quorn Neighbourhood Plan (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
The Referendum will be held on Thursday May 2, 2019 when the question will be asked “Do you want Charnwood Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Quorn to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
An Information Statement has been produced which provides further detail on the Referendum. It can be read below:
- B) Quorn NP Information Statement Final (PDF Document, 1.47 Mb)
A number of specified documents are available for the purpose of the Referendum. They can be read below:
- 01) The Quorn Neighbourhood Plan (PDF Document, 8.44 Mb)
- 02) Report of the independent Examiner (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
- 03) Summary of the representations submitted to the independent Examiner (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
- 04) Statement by the Local Planning Authority that the draft Plan meets the basic conditions (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 05) A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the Referendum (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
A paper copy of the specified documents may also be inspected at the following locations:
- Charnwood Borough Council’s Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TX
- Quorn Community Library, The Old School, Stafford Orchard, Loughborough LE12 8DY
Past examination of the Quorn neighbourhood plan
Charnwood Borough Council, in consultation with Quorn Parish Council, have appointed an Examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft, to undertake the examination of the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examiner has now issued his Examiner's Report (see below):
- Quorn Neighbourhood Development Plan - Examiner's Report (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
The Examiner undertook a site visit to Quorn and issued a note summarising his initial comments and identifying some areas on which he would like further clarification (see below):
The following responses from the Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee have now been received:
- Clarification Note Response 1 (PDF Document, 0.28 Mb)
- Clarification Note Response 2 - Policy H1 (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
- Clarification Note - Additional Response (PDF Document, 0.28 Mb)
Consultation on the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan closed on November 26, 2018 and the follow representations, which will be considered by the Examiner, have been made:
- 01 Burness Paull Obo Proctors Park (PDF Document, 0.53 Mb)
- 02 Environment Agency (Unknown File Type, 0.1 Mb)
- 03 Gladman Development (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- 04 a Howes Percival Obo Swithland Homes (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
- 04 B Letter & Appendices 13&4 Obo Swithland Homes (PDF Document, 13.77 Mb)
- 04 C Appendix 2 Obo Swithland Homes (PDF Document, 14.24 Mb)
- 05 Heaton Planning Obo Tarmac Trading (PDF Document, 0.24 Mb)
- 06 Highways England (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
- 07 Heritage England (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 08 Leicestershire County Council (PDF Document, 0.24 Mb)
- 09 a LRM Planning Obo William Davis (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- 09 B LRM Planning Obo William Davis Attachment (PDF Document, 1.19 Mb)
- 10 Natural England (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- 11 Severn Trent (PDF Document, 0.76 Mb)
- 12 Sport England (Unknown File Type, 0.1 Mb)
- 13 the Environment Partnership (PDF Document, 2.73 Mb)
- 14 William Davis (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 15 Wood Obo National Grid (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
- 16 Charnwood Borough Council (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
- 17 Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
- 18 Pegasus Group Obo Miller Homes (PDF Document, 4.93 Mb)
The Quorn Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Report has also also undergone consultation with the consultation bodies, their responses are available below:
- 01 Natural England (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 02 Environment Agency (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 03 Historic England (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)
Quorn Parish Council, through the Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee, has prepared a Neighbourhood Plan for the parish. In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents have been submitted to Charnwood Borough Council for the purpose of consultation, examination and, if appropriate, a referendum ahead of it being ‘made’ (adopted) as part of the local plan for the area.
Charnwood Borough Council has considered the Plan against the statutory requirements set out in paragraph 6 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) and is satisfied that these have been met and it can proceed to consultation.
The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents submitted are available below:
- A) Quorn Neighbourhood Plan (Submission Version, Oct 18) (PDF Document, 7.91 Mb)
- B) Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Designated Area Map (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- C) Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Appendix a Basic Conditions Statement (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- D) Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Appendix B Consultation Statement (PDF Document, 1.13 Mb)
- E) Quorn Neighbourhood Plan Sea & Hra Screening Report (PDF Document, 0.66 Mb)
Further supporting information is available at:
The Plan was formally consulted upon for a period of 6 weeks from Monday October 15 to Monday November 26, 2018. Any representations made on the Plan have been forwarded to the independent Examiner who will undertake the examination of the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents are available for inspection at the following locations:
- Quorn Village website at:
- Leicestershire Communities website at:
- Quorn Parish Office, The Village Hall, 64 Leicester Road, Quorn, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 8BB – normally open 10.00am to 12.00noon Monday to Friday
- Charnwood Borough Council’s dedicated Neighbourhood Plan website at:
- Charnwood Borough Council Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 2TN - open Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Any comments made on the Neighbourhood Plan and/or supporting documents should be sent to Charnwood Borough Council together with your name and address by email to email@example.com or in writing to: Planning Policy, Charnwood Borough Council, Council Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TN
Formal representations should be received by Charnwood Borough Council by no later than Monday November 26, 2018 using the contact details above.
Should you have any queries regarding the Neighbourhood Plan or its submission then please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01509 634929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Submission Quorn Neighbourhood Plan
The consultation on the Pre-Submission Version of the Quorn Neighbourhood Plan has now closed. Further details are available on the website at:
Neighbourhood Area Designation
Quorn Parish Council submitted an application, for the whole of the parish of Quorn, to be designated as a Neighbourhood Area which was received by the local authority on October 31, 2016.
The application was approved by Charnwood Borough Council on December 21, 2016. A copy of the application and the decision is available to view here.
Further information on the Neighbourhood Plan as it develops will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have any questions please contact Quorn Parish Council by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01509 414491.
Quorn Neighbourhood Planning Referendum 2 May 2019 - Notice of Referendum
- Notice of Referendum - Quorn (PDF Document, 0.5 Mb)
Quorn Neighbourhood Planning Referendum 2 May 2019 - Notice of Poll
- Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations Referendum (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Quorn Neighbourhood Planning Referendum 2 May 2019 - Result
The referendum asked 'Do you want Charnwood Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Quorn Area to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?'
- 1,485 people voted YES
- 198 voted NO
You can view the declaration of the result below:
- Declaration of Result - Quorn Neighbourhood Plan (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 11th June, 2019 @ 08:50