Examination of the Cossington Neighbourhood Plan
Charnwood Borough Council, in consultation with Cossington Parish Council, has appointed an Examiner, Nigel McGurk, to undertake the examination of the Cossington Neighbourhood Plan.
The examiner requested that the following documents arising from the examination of the plan be made publicly available:
- Examiner’s clarification letter (July 14, 2023) (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
- Qualifying Body Response to Examiner’s Clarifications (July 31, 2023) (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
The Regulation 16 Consultation on the Cossington Neighbourhood Plan closed on June 23, 2023, and the following representations, which will be considered by the Examiner, were made:
- Severn Trent Water
- CA Telecom
- LLR Integrated Care Board
- Atkins (obo Vodafone)
- Historic England
- Coal Authority
- Sileby Parish Council
- Leicestershire Police
- Syston Town Council
- Pegasus (obo Carbide Properties)
- National Highways
- Marrons (obo Bellway Homes and Clarendon Land)
- Natural England
- Leicestershire County Council
- Mulberry Land
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Environment Agency
- Cllr Woodward
Pre-examination (Regulation 16) consultation
Cossington Parish Council has prepared a draft Neighbourhood Plan for the parish.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) the Cossington Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents have been submitted to Charnwood Borough Council for the purpose of consultation, examination and, if appropriate, a referendum ahead of it being ‘made’ (adopted) as part of the local plan for the area.
Charnwood Borough Council has considered the Plan against the statutory requirements set out in paragraph 6 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) and is satisfied that these have been met and it can proceed to consultation.
The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents submitted are available below:
- A - Cossington Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version April 2023 (PDF Document, 12.2 Mb) (Appendices available on the parish council website)
- B - Cossington Designated Neighbourhood Area Map (PDF Document, 4.41 Mb)
- C - Cossington Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
- D - Cossington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (PDF Document, 3.23 Mb)
- E - Cossington Neighbourhood Plan Review Sea Screening Report (PDF Document, 0.36 Mb)
Further supporting information is available at: https://www.cossingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk/hood-plan.html
The consultation ran for six weeks from Friday May 12 until Friday June 23, 2023.
If you have any questions about the consultation, or if an individual requires an alternative means of accessing these documents, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01509 634929.
Hard copies of the consultation documents are also available for inspection at 9 Bennetts Lane, Cossington, LE7 4UP (by appointment only, call 07739 809871).
If you wish to respond to the consultation, these should be sent to Charnwood Borough Council together with your name and address by:
- Email: email@example.com
- In Writing: Planning Policy, Charnwood Borough Council, Council Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TN
Formal representations should be received by Charnwood Borough Council by no later than April 14 2023. Any representations may include a request to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision to make the neighbourhood plan.
Cossington Parish was designated as a neighbourhood area for the purposes of neighbourhood planning on February 24 2020.
Cossington Parish Council undertook the Regulation 14 consultation between March 1 to April 12 2022.
If you have any questions please contact Cossington Parish Council by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Mon 31st July, 2023 @ 16:25