Outline planning permission was granted in July 2018.
This means that the principle of development has been agreed as long as what is built meets with the conditions in the Decision Notice and the legal agreement. These can be accessed below:
- Decision Notice - Garendon Park Development (PDF Document, 0.82 Mb)
Legal Agreement (Section.106)
The legal agreement, known as a Section 106, is set out in sections below:
- Document 2 - Definitions of terms used and what the owner and developer agree to do
- Document 3 - Provisions relating to education
- Document 4 - Provisions relating to community facilities and the new centre
- Document 5 - Provisions relating to Transport and Roads
- Document 5a - Provisions relating to green space
- Document 6 - Provisions relating to the park monuments
- Document 7 - Provisions relating to Management of the green spaces and public areas
- Document 8 - Provisions relating to Affordable Housing
- Document 9 - Plans referred to in the agreement
- Document 10 - What the Council and County Council agree to do
Some of the conditions in the decision notice require further details, either in the form of more detailed planning applications, (the reserved matters), or as applications to discharge planning conditions.
Applications to discharge conditions which have been submitted can be viewed via the planning applications webpage.
There are also requirements to provide further details or undertake tasks written into the legal agreement. Where this involves the submission of further key documents they will be added below once they have been agreed.
Other key documents are:
The Design and Access Statement
This sets out overall design principles. See below:
This shows how vehicle movements were assessed. See below:
Environmental Impact Assessment
This is required for some developments above a certain size such as this. It assesses the impact of the development on areas of the environment. There is a short summary of this called the Non technical summary below:
There is also a longer version of this document and a series of technical appendices that were submitted with the planning application. The longer summary report is included below and the appendices can be viewed by doing a specific planning application search for P/14/1833/2 via Planning Portal.
This document outlines the recreational facilities to be provided across the site.
As the project progresses important contact details will be added here. At present the Case Officer at Charnwood Borough Council can be contacted at Garendon.Park@charnwood.gov.uk.
William Davis Ltd who are developing some of the properties can be contacted at Jake.email@example.com.
Persimmon Homes who are developing the majority of the site are currently appointing a site manager. His or her contact details will appear here once they are released.
Leicestershire County Council who are conducting the works on the A512 can be contacted here
Last updated: Wed 29th May, 2019 @ 15:53