Green Infrastructure (GI) is a strategically planned and delivered network of high quality green spaces and other environmental features. Some of the key studies and pieces of research which have helped to inform the development of the policy are shown below:
Green Wedge Review, 2016
Charnwood Borough Council has carried out a Green Wedge Review, gathering evidence which will be used in preparing the new Local Plan for Charnwood.
The Review can be viewed below:
- Green Wedges, Urban Fringe Green Infrastructure Enhancement Zones & Als - March 2016 (Final) (PDF Document, 11.97 Mb)
- Annex A - Assessment Pro Formas - March 2016 (PDF Document, 81.18 Mb)
The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment, 2012
The Charnwood Landscape Assessment identified the distinct landscapes within Charnwood by describing their key characteristics and natural, historical and cultural features.
Part 1 - A borough wide Landscape Character Assessment covering six distinct character areas.
Part 2 - A Landscape Sensitivity and Capacity Study for the areas which adjoin the urban edges of Leicester, Loughborough and Shepshed to broadly assess the capacity of these landscapes to accommodate development.
- The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment (PDF Document, 6.04 Mb)
The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment was informed by a stakeholder workshop held in June 2012.
- Landscape Character Assessment Stakeholder Workshop Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Charnwood Forest Landscape and Settlement Character Assessment, 2008
The assessment examined the unique landscape and settlement character of the Charnwood Forest.
River Soar and Grand Union Canal Strategy, 2009
This strategy identified ways in which the benefits of the River Soar and Grand Union Canal could be maximised.
6c's Green Infrastructure Strategy, 2010
This strategy set out the extent of the green infrastructure network in Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, including an action plan for how the network may be protected, enhanced or expanded.
- Vol 1 Sub Regional Strategic Framework (2010) (PDF Document, 3.14 Mb)
- Vol 2 Action Plan (2010) (PDF Document, 1.24 Mb)
- Vol 3 Baseline Information Review and Strategic Gi Audit (2010) (PDF Document, 11.85 Mb)
- Vol 4 Strategic Gi Network Derby Pua & Sub Regional Centre (2010) (PDF Document, 9.9 Mb)
- Vol 5 Strategic Gi Network Leicester Pua & Sub Regional Centres (2010) (PDF Document, 5.53 Mb)
- Vol 6 Strategic Gi Network Nottingham Pua & Sub Regional Centres (2010) (PDF Document, 5.99 Mb)
Green Wedge Review, 2011
The 2011 green wedge review is an evidence gathering exercise which assesses the green wedges identified on the 2004 Local Plan proposals map. It is based on joint methodology prepared by the local planning authorities in the Leicester and Leicestershire housing market area.
- Green Wedge Review (PDF Document, 0.95 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Hathern Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Shepshed (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Quorn Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Syston/Thurmaston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Leicester (Beaumont Leys)/Birstall/Thurcaston/Anstey/Cropston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.78 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Birstall/Leicester/Thurmaston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.81 Mb)
- Green Wedge Review Joint Methodology (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
PPG 17 Study, 2010
The study provided information on open spaces, sport and recreation prepared in accordance with government planning guidance.
Last updated: Mon 25th September, 2017 @ 11:42