Green Infrastructure (GI) is a strategically planned and delivered network of high quality green spaces and other environmental features.
Some of the key studies and pieces of research which have helped to inform the development of the policy are shown below:
Landscape Sensitivity Assessment of SHLAA Sites
The Landscape Sensitivity Assessment of SHLAA sites provides evidence to inform the Charnwood Local Plan and assesses the landscape sensitivity of sites that have been submitted to the borough council through the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment. The document is available to view below:
- Landscape Sensitivity Assessment of SHLAA Sites (March 2019) (PDF Document, 30.31 Mb)
The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment, 2012
The Charnwood Landscape Assessment identified the distinct landscapes within Charnwood by describing their key characteristics and natural, historical and cultural features.
Part 1 - A borough wide Landscape Character Assessment covering six distinct character areas.
Part 2 - A Landscape Sensitivity and Capacity Study for the areas which adjoin the urban edges of Leicester, Loughborough and Shepshed to broadly assess the capacity of these landscapes to accommodate development.
- The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment (PDF Document, 6.04 Mb)
The Charnwood Landscape Character Assessment was informed by a stakeholder workshop held in June 2012.
- Landscape Character Assessment Stakeholder Workshop Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Charnwood Forest Landscape and Settlement Character Assessment, 2008
The assessment examined the unique landscape and settlement character of the Charnwood Forest.
River Soar and Grand Union Canal Strategy, 2009
This strategy identified ways in which the benefits of the River Soar and Grand Union Canal could be maximised.
Green Wedge Review, 2011
The 2011 green wedge review is an evidence gathering exercise which assesses the green wedges identified on the 2004 Local Plan proposals map. It is based on joint methodology prepared by the local planning authorities in the Leicester and Leicestershire housing market area.
- Green Wedge Review (PDF Document, 0.95 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Hathern Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Shepshed (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Loughborough/Quorn Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Syston/Thurmaston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Leicester (Beaumont Leys)/Birstall/Thurcaston/Anstey/Cropston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.78 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Birstall/Leicester/Thurmaston Green Wedge (PDF Document, 0.81 Mb)
- Green Wedge Review Joint Methodology (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 16th April, 2019 @ 09:02