The studies below are used to help us consider the availability and accessibility of services and facilities, the settlement size and function and the geographical distribution of settlements and interactions between them.
An update of the the Charnwood Settlement Hierarchy Evidence was undertaken in 2014 and is available to view below:
- Charnwood Settlement Hierarchy Evidence Refresh August 2014 (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
Service Centre Capacity Assessment
The Service Centre Capacity Assessment, published in December 2011, assesses the capacity of services and facilities in the Service Centres.
It will be used to inform the Local Plan Core Strategy and help guide decisions about where development will go within the borough.
- Service Centre Capacity Assessment (PDF Document, 1.11 Mb)*
The Service Centre Capacity plans are also available to download below:
- Plan 1 - Boroughwide Services (PDF Document, 0.47 Mb)
- Plan 2 - Transport (PDF Document, 5.01 Mb)
- Plan 3 - Secondary School Catchments (PDF Document, 2.93 Mb)
- Plan 4 - Settlement Catchments (PDF Document, 0.79 Mb)
- Plan 5 - Anstey (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
- Plan 6 - Barrow Upon Soar (PDF Document, 0.42 Mb)
- Plan 7 - East Goscote (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Plan 8 - Hathern (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)
- Plan 9 - Mountsorrel (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- Plan 10 - Quorn (PDF Document, 0.29 Mb)
- Plan 11 - Rothley (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- Plan 12 - Sileby (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Plan 13 - Syston (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Plan 14 - Woodhouse Eaves (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
- Plan 15 - Wymeswold (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Plan 16 - Key to Plans for Potential Service Centres (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
* Please note that this assessment was republished on 18th January 2012 with two factual amendments related to Woodhouse Eaves on pages 21 and 88.
Settlement Hierarchy Assessment
We have undertaken assessments of the villages in Charnwood to inform the Settlement Hierarchy that will be included in the Local Plan Core Strategy.
The studies consider the availability and accessibility of services and facilities, settlement size and function and the geographical distribution of settlements and interactions between them.
- Settlement Hierarchy Review 2008 (PDF Document, 0.47 Mb)
- Developing a Settlement Hierarchy for Charnwood 2007 (PDF Document, 0.87 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 8th February, 2016 @ 14:00