Charnwood saluted the Armed Forces as part of Armed Forces Day, which took place in Loughborough on Saturday June 29, 2019 across the market place and Queen's Park.
Organised by Charnwood Borough Council and supported by Loughborough Building Society, the day saw a host of activities in the town centre as we honoured the dedication of serving and former Armed Forces personnel. We salute you!
The running order of events were as follows:
Market place entertainment - funded by Loughborough Market Traders
- 10am - Corps of Drums and official event opening by the Mayor of Charnwood, Councillor Brenda Seaton
- 11am - St Botolph’s School Choir and Handbell group
- 12pm - Syston Brass Band
- 1pm - Corps of Drums
- 1.45pm - Barrow upon Soar Ukelele Band
Other attractions taking place in the market place between 10.30am and 2.30pm:
- 203 Loughborough Transport Squadron, 158 Regiment, Royal Logistic Corp
- Tea and cake from the Armed Forces Breakfast Club
- Land Rover display
- Royal British Legion Riders Branch
- Face Painting
Queen's Park events
- 2-4pm - Come to the Carillon and meet the Carillon War Memorial Trust volunteers and museum staff to learn more about the plans for the Carillon Museum. The ground floor will be open but all other floors are currently closed.
- 3pm - Corps of Drums
- 3.30pm - Official unveiling of the Songster armature (Loughborough’s War Horse) next to the Carillon Tower, followed by the Carillon recital.
A big thank you to our sponsors and supporters of Armed Forces Day.
Last updated: Mon 1st July, 2019 @ 09:27