Skip to Content

Information for Council tenants

The Covid alert level for Charnwood when national restrictions end at 00:01 on Wednesday December 2 will be Tier 3 (very high). Full details at

For details of the Covid-19 national restrictions up until December 2, changes to Council services, and support available for residents, council tenants and businesses, visit

Below is an updated summary of information and available support for Council tenants.


We will continue to prioritise emergency and urgent repairs services over this period.  It may take us longer to complete non-urgent repairs.

Every year, people die and are seriously injured by poorly maintained gas appliances. We will make every effort to abide by our statutory safety obligation to carry out annual gas servicing in your home when planned.

Operatives entering your home will attempt to notify you in advance of arrival, maintain a safe distance and follow hygiene procedures, and will ask you, where possible, to move into a different room from where the works are taking place.

No visits will be undertaken to any household that is self-isolating due to confirmed or suspected coronavirus, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household. 

Paying your rent

We understand this is a difficult time for many of our residents.

If you are having difficulty paying your rent, we strongly encourage you to get in touch with your housing income officer.

Help and advice about paying your rent and about benefits is available from our housing income and tenancy support teams by phoning 01509 634666.

We would urge you to continue to pay your rent as a priority and keep to any agreement you have to clear any arrears.

If you pay your rent using a rent payment card at some outlets and you are finding these are closed, there are other and easier ways to pay your rent:

  • by direct debit: through Allpay you can decide which day of the week you want to pay your rent and the frequency - weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly or monthly
  • by phoning 01509 634666 and making a debit card payment over the phone with a contact centre adviser
  • if you have your payment reference, by going on the council’s website you can make a payment online
  • by setting up a standing order with your bank. Ring the income team on 01509 634666 for details
Share this page:

Last updated: Fri 6th November, 2020 @ 09:17