Our tenancy support service provides advice, support and guidance to vulnerable tenants either when moving into a new home or if difficulties arise when living there.

What assistance can tenancy support offer?

Help and guidance can be provided with:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Other welfare benefits
  • Moving into a new property
  • Getting furniture and setting up utilities
  • Budgets, debt and bill paying
  • Liaising with other agencies on tenants' behalf
  • Sign-posting or referring for help with health, employment, training, parenting or other specialist advice
  • Setting up and following domestic routines
  • Accessing community care services

We can provide some of this help ourselves or we can make referrals to other support agencies.

Who qualifies for tenancy support?

The service is aimed at vulnerable tenants and may be available to tenants in one or more of the following groups:

  • Physical/mental ill health or disability
  • Learning difficulty or disability
  • Alcohol or drug problems
  • History of offending or anti-social behaviour
  • Care leavers
  • 16 to 17-year-olds
  • Teenage parents
  • History of rough sleeping
  • Serious financial and/or debt problems

However this is not a complete list and all requests for help will be considered on their merits.

How to ask for tenancy support

Tenants can refer themselves simply by contacting us on 01509 634 666 and asking to speak to the tenancy support team.

Alternatively, tenants can ask a friend, family member or other professional they are working with to contact the team on their behalf.

Last updated: Mon 30th July, 2018 @ 14:26