We are dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener place to live, work and play for our residents.
We carry out a number of services to keep the borough clean, including:
- Collecting recycling and refuse bins
- Dealing with abandoned vehicles
- Street cleaning
Environmental Services contract
Serco are the contractor used by us to carry out refuse and recycling collections and street cleaning.
For more information about our waste collections services visit the Recycling and Waste web page.
If you find a needle or syringe on council owned land, please contact Environmental Services and we will arrange to have it collected by Serco.
Needles or syringes found on private land can be removed by our contractor but this will be subject to a payment. For more information on the collection of syringes, needles or other sharp instruments see our clinical waste page.
Cleaning of A6 and A46
The A6 and A46 were cleaned between April 4 and April 24, 2018. Details are below:
- A6 Quorn to Birstall - weekdays
- A6 Hathern - weekdays
- A607 Syston to Thurmaston, Leicester and Anstey Lane, Anstey towards Beaumont Leys - weekdays
- A50 - weekdays
- A46 Western Bypass - weekends
- A46 Willoughby Bypass - weekends
Last updated: Wed 13th March, 2019 @ 09:24