Leicestershire County Council is responsible for gritting and filling of grit bins on the highway in the whole Leicestershire.
Contact Leicestershire County Council
Charnwood Borough Council is responsible for winter maintenance in their car parks. The areas that receive specific treatment are:
- Areas around all the Pay and Display machines
- All vehicular and pedestrian entry/exit points
- All walkways within a car park
- Turning heads in car parks.
Charnwood Borough Council Properties
If you would like to raise a request for the gritting of the car park areas, footpaths, filling of grit bins and requests for new bins relating to any of the areas below, please call our Tenancy team on 01509 634666.
- Lacey Court, Shepshed
- Papermill Close, Anstey
- Park Court, Shepshed
- Revell Close, Quorn
- Staveley Court, Loughborough
- Garage site Birdhill Road, Woodhouse Eaves – grit bin bottom end of site
- Longcliffe Road, Shepshed – One grit bin between bungalows 10 and 14.
If you would like to raise a request for the gritting of the car park areas, footpaths, filling of grit bins and requests for new bins relating to any of the areas below, please call the Charnwood Lifeline team on 01509 643970.
- Aingarth, Albert Promenade, Loughborough
- Arnold Smith House, Shepshed
- Babington Court, Rothley
- Beresford Court, Shepshed
- Dudley Court, Sileby
- Durham Road, Loughborough
- Fielding Court, Loughborough
- Grays Court, Barrow
- Martin Court, Anstey
- Riversdale Court, Birstall
- Sorrel Court, Mountsorrel
- St Michaels Court, Thurmaston
- St Pauls Court, Syston
- St Peters Court, Syston
Requests for new grit bins
There is limited funding for the supply of grit bins on the highway within Charnwood and this is split between Charnwood Borough Council for requests within Loughborough and the relevant Parish Council for all other areas.
Although the initial request is dealt with by Charnwood Borough Council/Parish Council, Leicestershire County Council has to be consulted as there is a strict criteria that is followed before they make the decision whether to approve/reject the request.
Last updated: Thu 24th November, 2022 @ 09:59