Leicestershire County Council is responsible for most transport and highways matters.
We have the following involvement:
- We work closely on public transport issues through various partnerships and projects
- We manage several public car parks in Loughborough, as well as some smaller towns and villages
- We contribute to concessionary travel for elderly and disabled people
- We are responsible for some bus shelters in Loughborough
- We are responsible for street cleansing and street name-plates throughout the borough
Midland main line improvement programme
Network Rail has embarked on a major programme of works to upgrade the Midland Main Line (MML) - the biggest programme of improvements to the line since it was completed in 1870.
For more information, or to find out how this could affect you and your journeys around the Midlands, click on the link below:
Reporting problems with roads and pavements
Visit the County Council website using the links below, where you will find contact details and online forms for reporting problems with roads, such as potholes, road spillages etc, and issues with pavements within the county of Leicestershire.
- Highways and Pavements - Defect Reporting - Leicestershire County Council
- Planned Roadworks in Charnwood
Charnwood road safety committee
Charnwood Road Safety Committee (incorporating Home Safety) consists of a group made up of representatives of Charnwood Parish Councils, Borough Councillors and the police. Its remit is to investigate road safety concerns in the borough and, if necessary, liaise with the Highway Authority to bring about improvements.
The committee meets four times a year at Southfields, Loughborough.
More information on roads, parking and sustainable travel
We have set Service Standards for the services we provide. These are designed to advise you of the service you can expect from us and we hope you find them useful.
Last updated: Fri 28th June, 2019 @ 15:53