Unfortunately, on some occasions items may not be collected.
When to report a missed collection
Our crews have from 6am until 6pm to collect your refuse. Our collection crews may still be making their way to your property.
Missed collections must be reported within two working days of your scheduled collection date.
A collection will not be re-attempted if:
- The wrong bin has been presented (visit My Charnwood and enter your postcode to check your collection day)
- The bin was not presented at the boundary of your property by 6am
- The crew could not access the bin
- The wrong items were in the bin. Find out what can and cannot be recycled and visit the black refuse bin webpage to find out what can go in your green and black bins
- The bin was too heavy or overfilled and the lid was not closed flat.
If your bin was missed and it was not due to the reasons above, you can let us know by completing the online form at the bottom of the page.
What to do if your entire street is not collected
If your street is not collected on schedule, please don’t report this as a missed collection, but leave your waste and recycling out and crews will get to you as soon as possible.
Any excess rubbish left alongside the black bin or on top will not be collected and will have to be placed in your bin and wait until the next scheduled rubbish collection or disposed of at your local tip.
If you have additional waste as a result of a change in circumstances such as medical waste we may be able to help. Applications can be made to the council and an officer will make an assessment. Visit the clinical waste webpage for further details.
Additional mixed recycling waste can be left in clear plastic sacks at the side of the green bin on the day of your collection.
Last updated: Tue 17th May, 2022 @ 15:55